- 2x Command Center into 3rd Base
- 38x SCVs into 3 Base Eco
- Minerals: 2x 16
- Gas: 2x 3 (only first base) into 4 Gas
- 1x Barracks
- 1x Factory
- 1x Starport
- Attack with Tank/Medivac at 4:04 min
- into Stimpack Research & Bio Production
- 2x Engineering Bay
- 4x Barracks
Our first goal is to scout our opponent with a Reaper. While doing so we expand. The task of our Reaper is to find out whether the Protoss expands or rather prepares for an early attack. The timing of his second base is the most important indication for an early attack. If his base has been placed later than ours, he most likely plans an early attack.
His buildings can be used as indications to identify what kind of attack he is going for. If the Protoss has one or two Gateways, he probably plans a ground attack. In this case secure your second base with additional Bunkers.
If we don’t see any Gateways but only two Gas Geyser, it gets a bit difficult. In this case you have to be prepared for three different attacks. Use one of your units to scout the map to scout any possible buildings.
- Scenario 1 - Proxy Oracle: A proxy Oracle can hit us really early and deals a lot of damage in case we are not prepared. That is why we have to build 5 Marines. We position them right in our Mineral Line to kill the Oracle as quickly as possible. After this we have to build Missle Turrets in our Mineral Line.
- Scenario 2 - Proxy DTs: Against proxy Dark Templars we, as Terran players, have quite an easy counter - Scan. With Scan we have the ability to kill the first DTs easy and quick. Nevertheless we should not underestimate the power of Dark Templar. That is why we should buil Missle Turrents in the following minutes.
Scenario 3 - Blink or other late attacks: In this case we have a little bit more time to prepare us for an attackt. We have time to find out what attack is waiting for us. If there is a Blink attack coming, we have to build bunkers not only on the highground but on the low ground as well. This makes it easy for us to switch positions to secure the attacked spots.
Against any other attack just build Bunkers on the lowground and repair them with SCVs during an attack.
After surviving the early game we continue our build. We try to get into the Protoss base as fast as possible by using Tanks and Medivacs. By this we want to annoy our opponent and force him to make mistakes. We can also try to weaken his economy. It is not neccessary to deal a lot of damage. Our main goal is to keep the Protoss in his base as long as possible.
We can achieve this by building more Barracks to increase our Marine and Marauder production. Additionally we research the attack and defense upgrades in our Engineerng Bays. And don’t forget Stimpack and Combatshields!
After the first few drops we take a third base and constantly increase our army. As soon as our army is strong enough we start to pressure our opponent - constantly.
We can achieve this due to multiple attacks at different positions and drops.
Furthermore we should always have a look at our enemy’s army. It might be possible that we have to add Liberators or Vikings to our own army if the Protoss builds Colossi. Ghosts are also an option in case our opponent has Archon or High Templars.